Thursday, July 30, 2015

Escape from WS!

SO I finally left my hometown for the first time in a long time! Early morning flight (as in 5:45) and we are in DC hanging out :)

So while my dad was otherwise occupied by his conference, I wandered the city aimlessly on foot because I think that's the best way to get to know a place :) I found the White House and watched the tourists for awhile, then ran into a sweet little farmer's market and bought a smoked salmon empenada (it was delicious), saw some construction. You know, today was the first time every I saw someone use a jackhammer in real life? I've only seen jackhammers in movies and Club Penguin :P I'm glad I've practiced crossing the road nonchalantly in Taiwan, because there were a lot of angsty tourists running around the crosswalks today. 

This afternoon after his conference was over, we wandered around Lincoln Memorial and did all that touristy stuff. And of course we went to Chinatown for dinner, a must for all big city vacations! 

I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow. Besides try to find famous politicians and get a spot in Congress. 

RL

No comments:

Post a Comment