Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summer Catch-up

Rae the younger here, as of now still in the education system and not yet shoved into the real world of jobs and taxes and such like RY. I finished my sophomore year in May, and of course decided to put myself through 6 weeks of summer school (took Cellular Biology--was it fun? I'm not sure. But I did get an A, so at least there's that).

The day summer school ended, I started my three-week job as a camp counselor/TA/RA for a high school program called LENS Cultural Crossroads at Wake Forest. We're deep into week two and our projects--my job as a Program Assistant is to work with a group of students and a campus partner to facilitate the students in developing a plan for the campus partner to implement to better the school. OF COURSE, me being me, I chose to work with the Global Food Committee, so look for better ethnic/religious food options in the school cafeteria next year ;) 

That's the main part of my job, but a huge part of it too is being a disciplinary figure, resident adviser for the living space, TA in class, friend, resource for questions about applying to college, and van driver. So basically I'm exhausted, but it's been fun too.





That's been my entire summer so far. I did take part in the Moral Monday March for voting rights on Monday--very cool, I feel empowered! 



Now I also feel obligated to share old stupid pictures of us.





I have to go do room checks now for my students. Peace out and I promise I'll be more interesting next time, it's been a long day. and week. All in good fun, but I'm exhausted!! (I'm also on wake-up duty in 7 hours) 

RL


No comments:

Post a Comment