Friday, July 17, 2015

Watching and Listening

I'm really enjoying this peer mentor role. On one hand, we're friends and lead social events like field days, play games with the students, and share food with them, but we also answer questions about the admissions process, prepare them for interviews, and facilitate their project proposals. It's really fun :) Today, the group I'm working with (Global Food Committee represent!) had their admissions interviews. At first they were really nervous and I had to calm them down, share my interview experience, tell them about the admissions officers and how chill they are, and now that its over, they're excited and telling everyone not to panic (other students have their interviews in the next few days).

I love these kids :) Most of the time, at least. We've had some drama with girls and guys from the other LENS session (who left today, thank god) but mostly, they're a fun bunch who work well and have great insights.

RL

1 comment: