Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Boxes and Things

The packaging of an item helps create brand identity and defines the character of the product itself. In the grand scheme of things, the aesthetic of a wristwatch box doesn't REALLY matter, but the marketability of the watch relies largely on what it's packed in (especially for new products). It's something many of us don't actively think about when we browse the shelves, but we find it odd when it is missing. Recently, I've been increasingly interested in the importance of multi-sensory appeal in product packaging, and I've found some cool ones to share with whomever might be at all interested...




Starting with the classic shopping bag - but look at the color contrast on the sides and the cute little bow! It's basically a gift bag!!


If I saw a whole aisle of tissues, I would 150% buy these. They have less tissues in them, but who wouldn't want these boxes sitting on your coffee table??

Monochrome things don't have to be boring. This bottle looks SO awesome and the box is even MORE awesome. (Plus, orange is the best color ever)


I love when a part of the product sticks out of the packaging for a cool purpose. Like how this watch sticks out to make a handle for the box!!


This box was designed by a cookie-delivery business and it is so appropriate and adorable, I CAN'T EVEN!!!

Simplicity is also beauty. I love how the boards inside the shirt give it structure, but you can still see its message on the front. LOVE IT.


This pistachio packaging is so perfect for snacking on the go! And it resembles a freaking pistachio...I'm obsessed.


Even though these earbuds won't stay like this for very long, I would absolutely buy these over other earbuds that weren't in a music note shape.

Nike "Air" tennis shoes. I don't know if I like this packaging, but it sure is interesting and appropriate to the shoes' name..!!

Anything in a wooden crate/box is a win for me. Wine + wooden box = Must-buy.

This is the packaging for a Japanese snack called "onigiri." It's SOOOO well designed that when you follow the instructions, it will peel back the plastic while simultaneously wrapping the rice ball with the seaweed paper. It's insane. But difficult to grasp on your first (or second or third) try! 

Okay....I know that was A LOT to see. I'm sorry!!! But I couldn't leave out any of those! If you all ever see any awesome packaging, then let me know because I am completely obsessed.
TOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!

RY




 



1 comment: