Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday Word Wringer


What do you all think of the word “foodie”?
I really like food. I go out of my way to try awesome food and I try everything at least once. Does that make me a foodie? I like to cook and create cool meals but I don’t consider culinary arts a passion by any means. Does that make me NOT a foodie?

Foodie….what a strange word. Since when did adding “ie” at the end of a noun make it a human being with some sort of obsession/passion for said noun? I really love Netflix, so I suppose that makes me a Netflixie. Or maybe “foodie” is just one of those 21st century phenomenons coined on social media platforms like Instagram where foodie culture explodes with pictures of breakfast platters that probably aren’t the same color tone in real life. From what I see, usually it seems to be a self-proclaimed term with limited professional ring to it. Gordon Ramsay probably has never used the word in his entire life.

I am not saying anything against it – I’m trying to understand what the heck a foodie is! Any thoughts?
 
Toodles NOODLES,
RY
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment