Friday, September 4, 2015

Frequent FlyRaes


Okay, flying is not everyone’s cup of tea. It does come with a certain level of anxiety – it just depends on how comfortable you are with giving complete control of your life to 2 strangers sitting in the cockpit of your airplane. But is that MUCH different from sitting in the back of a taxi cab with some random driver who has WAY less training and skill sets to shuttle you around? Idk but that’s not the point of this post.

I am leavin’ on a jet plane today (just for the 3-day weekend) and I could not be more excited. RL and I used to dread sitting on planes for hours (and hours…and hours…), but I’ve started to look forward to those hours on a plane when I have nothing to do. I think RL agrees. I wear my baggiest sweatpants and RL wears her weird toe socks with flip flops. I get to sit back, pop in my earbuds, and zone out without my phone buzzing incessantly or the guilt of knowing there is something more productive to do.

Yes, when we go halfway around the world, the plane rides can get overwhelmingly boring, but eh, it gives me time to write in my journal or read the book that’s been sitting on my nightstand for months. And so far, there is always something really awesome waiting for me at my destination that makes it all so worth it! Most of the time…it’s food.

Hope everyone has a good Labor Day weekend!

Toodle-oo

RY

No comments:

Post a Comment