Friday, August 14, 2015

Work and Weekends


Still working at my new job (it’s getting less and less new...) and loving it! Well, it’s pretty much like any other job at the beginning – absorbing a WHOLE lot of information and learning how to do maneuver around the zillions of procedures for various things. Some days, I twiddle my thumbs and count the specks of dust floating in front of my computer screen, but lately, I am consistently more able to involve myself in bigger projects and have higher level conversations with my coworkers that aren’t characterized by ME asking THEM a bazillion questions about what the heck I was supposed to do with the piles of paper on my desk.

But, come Friday, the light at the end of the tunnel has never shone so brightly for me. Even with almost 2 decades of schooling and busy schedules, I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to going home so much on a Friday, kicking off my shoes (and oftentimes, clothes too), and just hanging out with the knowledge that I don’t have to be presentable for the next 2 days. I guess it’s because in school, I didn’t have to always bring my A-game; I could weasel my way through my class schedule half-asleep if I wanted to and the only person I was affecting was me. However, now, I have to always sit with good posture,  and keep my best-quality thinking cap on my head because my actions not only affect me, but the operations of the company as a whole. Well, I like to think that I have that sort of impact in some way….

In any case, today is Friday, and I cannot WAIT to drive back to Winston, stuff myself with enough delicious food to last me the next work week, and bask in the rays of the overhead light in my room at home…and maybe the sun too.

TOODLEZ

RY

No comments:

Post a Comment