Monday, August 3, 2015

Music Rant

I just LOVE Dvorak's New World Symphony, especially the 4th Movement, Allegro con fuoco ("fast with speed/vigor"--what a title)!


Despite the fact that the beginning sounds remarkably like the theme from Jaws, it's such a beautifully written piece (that has some awesome clarinet solos!!) and RY and I just love it. She drives faster when she listens to it. I write faster when I do, making it the perfect studying music ;) Dvorak is a genius. Actually, our university orchestra played it two years ago, but RY just happened to be studying abroad...but I was there. it was fantastic. 

Music is amazing! Every week I spend more than 8 hours in rehearsal for various different ensembles on campus (some by choice, others by "choice"), which is nothing compared to a performance major, but still a lot for someone just playing as an extracurricular...and it still doesn't fulfill the arts divisional. But, without it, who would I be? ;)


Forever your orchestra nerds, 

RL (and RY in spirit)

No comments:

Post a Comment