Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hair and Superficial Things.


If you are looking for a deep and insightful blog post, this one may not be for you. Maybe check out RL’s previous post for a more meaningful 5 minutes of your life…Today the topic is: HAIR. And to make it even more conceited, I’m going to blab about MY hair.

So you all probably know I chopped off a lot of my hair last year around Halloween, and since then, I’ve been routinely going back to maintain the just-off-the-shoulders look. Now that I’ve moved away from Winston and away from my favorite hairdresser, my hair is at a crossroads. And I am not sure which direction to take! Is this a first-world problem, or WHAT.

The only thing I miss about having long hair is the versatility of looks I can achieve, even without any products …because I don’t own any anyway. I miss the messy bun on the top of my head, the swishy ponytail, and I am just now back to being able to pull off the summer-camp-braided-pigtails look. BUT, the short hair is so much easier to deal with, and I love how light my hair feels when it’s shorter.

I like to exercise, and shorter ponytails are nice because they don’t stick to my nasty sweaty shoulders, but at the same time, they are the stubbiest things and stick straight out of my head! Right now, my ponytails have a nice curl and bounce to it without being as long as an actual pony’s tail. So I don’t know – should I go get it cut again? Or should I maintain the length just past my shoulders and just trim it? My hairdresser is convinced that one day I’ll just tell her to chop it all off, and I was convinced of that at one point too, but now that it’s a teeny big longer, I’m liking it! BUT AM I LIKING IT? I DON’T KNOWWW

So there is my struggle of the day. Any thoughts from my adoring fans???  Ha I'm lame.

TOODLES!!!
RY

No comments:

Post a Comment