Wednesday, November 11, 2015

In Case of Deer, Be a Dear

As most of you probably know (because I can't stop whining about it), I hit a deer in my car a couple weeks ago and it is taking a while for my car to get back to its pre-deer, imperfectly perfect state. In the meantime, I've tried to avoid sitting at home and wallowing in self-pity without my own mode of transportation. Instead, I've been reaching out to enlist my friends' help to get me to Taekwondo classes and symphony rehearsals.

This whole situation has helped me realize how important it is to be pleasant, helpful, and approachable in my daily life. I would like to think that I emit a positive vibe that people would be comfortable with in their cars. Not only does it fulfill my self-proclaimed label as a people pleaser, but it also generally gives me a more well-rounded group of people who would be willing to lend a hand when I may need one.

The people who put new parts on my car include my Taekwondo instructor and a guy from the Taekwondo school with whom I train in class. The person who is currently fixing the rest of my car at his body shop is an acquaintance from work. The person who drove me back toward Winston Salem for the weekend is a friend from work, and I've snagged several rides to and from various activities from friends I've met along the way here in my new city. They have all been so gracious and didn't even bat an eye when I reached out for help. I am so thankful!

Moral of the story - be nice to people because there is nothing more reassuring than knowing that people have your back!!!!

Toodles,

RY

No comments:

Post a Comment